1995 plymouth voyager

Old 08-30-03, 01:49 PM
kim_l
Visiting Guest
Question 1995 plymouth voyager

Lately I've been smelling gas when I turn off my van. I took it to a dealer last week and they replaced the EGR valve. I continued to smell the gas after driving. I went to start it up today and it won't start. Someone said it could be the fuel pump. Does that sound right? If so, where is it located and how easy is it to replace. I appreciate any answers. Thanks

Old 08-30-03, 04:33 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I think if it was the pump than you probably would not smell gas. The pump is in the tank. Do you see gas dripping on the ground? It would half to be a big leak for a no start. You may have more than one problems.

Old 08-30-03, 08:35 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Can't help much without knowing the engine size...

Start with my "The Basics". Tell us what you find.

Old 08-30-03, 08:53 PM
mike from nj
Visiting Guest
do you have fuel pressure at the rail

do you have spark at each spark plug

also what's under the hood?

a missing/loose gas cap will cause a gas smell everytime

Old 08-31-03, 12:55 PM
kim_l
Visiting Guest
Engine size is 3.3 litre (v6). Not sure if that's worded right....there is spark in the plugs and I'm not sure what fuel pressure at the rail means. I appreciate any help you can give.

Old 08-31-03, 02:59 PM
mike from nj
Visiting Guest
you need to rent/borrow a fuel pressure guage from any large auto-chain store, unscrew the cap on the fuel rail, screw the guage on securely and crank the engine. you should have at least 40ish pounds of pressure on the guage---wipe up any spills, gas is extremely flammable

let us know

Old 08-31-03, 04:14 PM
kim_l
Visiting Guest
I'll find a gauge and give it a try. Thanks Mike....I appreciate your advice.

Old 08-31-03, 08:22 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hold on Kim. I dont think you will have a shrader port on your fuel rail and 40 psi sounds like a lot. Consult a service manual or as Joe would say check out Alldata for proper proceduer

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: