1993 saturn no ac

Old 08-30-03, 03:48 PM
hobbs
Visiting Guest
1993 saturn no ac

Hi, new to this forum. Could anyone give me some help on next step of troubleshooting is. Problem ac clutch wont engage. Checked all fuses and relays -all check ok. Jumped relay terminals and could here clutch engage and disengage with jumper wires. while clutch was engaged it did not cool at all, so Maybe I have 2 problems here, but like to find the electronic problem myself. Checked out haynes and chilton's guides for help, but there schematics suck. According to there schematics the only circuit from the relay is the switch, (checked Ok), and the ac request line on the computer. I highly doubt it's the computer, sine eveything else works fine. thanks, hobbs

Old 08-30-03, 04:46 PM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
Have the refrigerant checked before you perform ANY trial and error repairs on the system. Otherwise you may be buying more parts than you need. Sounds like you have already lost the refrigerant. I would pay the service tech and let him tell you what is wrong. A/C work is not really for the DIY'r unless you are qualified to do so.

Old 08-30-03, 08:32 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Correct.

Old 08-30-03, 08:51 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yes, honestly sounds like a low refiregerant charge.

Old 08-31-03, 01:18 PM
hobbs
Visiting Guest
Thanks guys, will try service technician. Will let you know the results. Any tips on finding reputable indepenant tech's. I know the Saturn dealer will take me for all they can. thanks hobbs

Old 08-31-03, 03:07 PM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
I dont think the dealer will take you. They have a rate they go by.
Sometime you end up with best results. If you have doubts, get an estimate first. Dont be to surprised if they tell you the compressor is leaking.

Old 08-31-03, 03:24 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
If price is your concern, it's not likely to be fixed right. Proper A/C repairs can be extensive and doubly expensive if they are done twice due to incompetency the first time.

I would choose either a Saturn dealer or a very good independent garage that's ASE certified and comes by recognition and good referral. Make sure they don't have Better Business Bureau Complaints against them.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: