Threaded pcv valve

Old 08-30-03, 10:10 PM
WD40
Visiting Guest
Threaded pcv valve

Hope someone here can help me!

2001 Toyota Tacoma 2.4 L

Went to local parts store and purchased pcv valve. Got home, saw my old valve was threaded. Went to dealer, pulled up engine schematic....shows non threaded pcv valve, which is plugged into a threaded gasket. He also mentioned that I have Calif. emmissions...don't know if this matters.

My valve number is 12204-7502-OL3

On schematic...valve is 12204 and gasket is 12204A

Question...Why can't I get the threaded valve which came with the truck? Also, nobody seems to keep these valves in stock...aren't they a routine maintenance item?

Any mechanics/dealers out there who can help?

Thanks in advance
WD40

Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-03, 08:04 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
12204 is the PARTS GROUP for the PCV valve, not the full part #.

Try another dealer---sounds like this guy may be looking up the wrong part. California emissions probably makes some difference in some of the emission parts. Better dealers stock all the common items in the parts dept.

You can confirm if you have California emissions by looking at the underhood emission decal. It will say, "This vehicle conforms to all Emission Standards in Effect for 2001 Vehicles sold in California" or something along those lines.

Another possibility is that Toyota has superseded the original setup to a service kit or something different.

If the guy was not sure and your application was confirmed as being right (and he was looking it up right), he should have called Toyota's parts assistance line to get the deal for you.

Old 08-31-03, 09:42 PM
WD40
Visiting Guest
Thanks Joe...will keep you updated

WD40