Turn Signal Switch

Old 08-31-03, 12:11 PM
markaz
Visiting Guest
Turn Signal Switch

Need to replace turn signal switch in an '89 Corsica,

1) Went to http://www.cybrrpartspro.com/Manual%...elLookup.html. Gives text on the procedure but pictures are not available. (anyone else not able to see the .gif's?)

2) Can I purchase a steering wheel puller at any auto parts store?

3) "Tool No. J-35689-A or equivalent" is required for the procedure. Can this be purchased at any auto parts store? and how difficult is it to use? (I don't have the use of my right hand)

Thanks.

markaz

Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-03, 03:25 PM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
A tool can probably be rented from autozone. Not difficult to use. I am not familiar with this model steering wheel, but I am satisfied it has an AIR BAG. IF SO, removal of steering wheel is not for a do it yourselfer."CAUTION" Can be quite hazardous if the proper procedure is not followed to a "T". Some one will be along shortly and can tell you if this is equip'd with a bag.

Old 08-31-03, 03:38 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
This job requires a steering wheel puller and a lockplate depresser.

Both are available at Sears, that's where mine came from. I know the depresser is about 20 bones, the puller a bit more.

As Darrell said, AZ can rent you both. You may wish to have someone give you a hand with it if you have difficulty with the use of your hand. Sometimes the parts can be stuck from age.

No airbag in 1989 as I recall on the Corsica.