1990 nissan maxima passenger side door

Old 08-30-03, 11:10 AM
soterialive
Visiting Guest
1990 nissan maxima passenger side door

My passenger side door will not open, it seems to be stuck in the locked position. I hear the lock/unlock mechanism rolling in there but nothing is happening. So here is my question: I assume I have to take out my door but I am not sure how to do that. I was looking for bolts and such but to no avail. How do I get this door off? If this is not the way to go about fixing this problem please tell me and steer me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!!

Old 08-30-03, 12:04 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The best thing to do is to get the door panel off and see what the problem is. You probably have a rod that has fallen off not allowing the lock mechanism to function, but I have seen the latch assembly cause this as well. Try to unlock with the key and wiggle the key while pulling on the handle and door. Be careful not to break the key off in the lock. If you can get the door panel off then you should be able to see what the problem is and get it open to fix it.
Good Luck.
Hope this helps ya,
Billy

Old 09-01-03, 05:02 AM
soterialive
Visiting Guest
Thanks, I have a related question. On the rear door of the same car the window isnt rolling up or down (power window). I opened the door panel on that one and I can feel that the wire that move the track up/and down is tangled and I cant untangle it from my angle. Question: how do I get into the steel part of the door after I have got the door panel off? I see a lot of screw bolts but I dont want to unscrew almost 2 dozen to realize thats not the way to go about it. Any thoughts?

Thanks again.

Old 09-01-03, 05:18 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Some vehicles may have an access panel to the guts of the door. Most don't and regulators and motors are done outside the door.

In all likelihood, the cable or regulator tape back there is likely wiped out and that is causing the trouble at that door.

Best bet is to get both an exploded view from the dealer's parts counter and the proper service information to do the repair. Try the library or get an Alldata.com subscription.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: