Moon roofs

Old 08-31-03, 06:29 PM
littlearky
Visiting Guest
Question Moon roofs

Hello I have a little major guestion.Well I'm having a problem with my moon roof .I have a 1991 Lincoln contiental.and I cant seem to find where the motor is located at i have looked several differnt places even torn my headliner down to see if it there no luck.I checked the switch and fuses they seem to be ok.I'm having a big problem cause its opened and I'm not wanting to break the bands to pull the glass closed ,cause I heard that I would have to glue it shut to ake it where it would not leak.So if anyone no please help .I also tried to use a wire from the battery to the switch no luck there either,,now I need some advice on what to look for next and where .Please if you have a answer help .thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-03, 09:34 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Call up any Ford dealer's parts counter and they'll find the motor location in a jiffy in the parts book.

Old 09-01-03, 06:05 AM
There should also be a way to manually close the roof. Ask about it also when you question your Ford dealer.

Old 09-02-03, 04:14 AM
If it's and after market moonroof the motor is usually in the back. Some are inside the unit in the back and you have to drop the whole thing. A few are in the front but rarely since space is limited up there. The ones with exposed motors have a place to insert a tool and manually crank it closed. Wish I could help you more but I haven't worked on moonroofs since the 80's. When the motor is in the back we had to drop the headliner and drop the rear of the moonroof to get to the motor. It's a real PITA. You're better off taking it to a trim shop that does moonroofs and letting them look at it. Also if it's a aftermarket there is an inline fuse somewhere near the switch.

Old 09-02-03, 06:39 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

True, the owner's manual should have the manual close procedure, forgot about that.

(My cars have T-tops. LOL)