Odometer stopped - details inside

Old 09-01-03, 07:59 PM
snissors
Visiting Guest
Odometer stopped - details inside

1995 Honda Accord EX.

The odometers (both the trip odometer and total odometer) have stopped working. The car has about 100,000 miles on it.

Both are analog odometers.

Speedometer is working fine.

I'm not handy - have never done any auto repair myself. Is this something I could make my first project, or is it not something I could fix myself? If I can fix myself, how would I go about it?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-03, 08:22 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I had an '83 Volvo 240 GLT with the same problem as yours. It turned out that the numbers stuck somehow. If you replace the speedometer unit, you may be okay. Just be sure to mention that you changed the speedometer unit to whoever you sell the car to in the future and mention it on the car's title.

Old 09-02-03, 06:44 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Some states require you fill out a disclosure/odometer change statement, so check with your state's DMV to be sure.

If you're not handy and lack the tools to do the job, leave it to a shop. Some of those clusters are pretty intricate and a lot has to come out to get to it.

You can find a used cluster on www.junkyarddog.com

Make sure it is your problem before you buy parts as you will own the parts if you buy them and they aren't your problem.

Search this Thread