Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Tires and rims

Visiting Guest

09-02-03, 05:28 PM   #1  
iamfineone
Tires and rims

Hopefully an easy one! I've used all types of sprays on my tires to make them shine and also to keep the brake dust off the rims.
Are there any easy or quick ways to help these "good looks" problems??
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

09-03-03, 03:52 AM   #2  
Joe_F
I'm not sure I understand your actual question, problem.

Visiting Guest

09-03-03, 06:57 AM   #3  
darrell McCoy
Dont think there is such a thing as a quick fix for brake dust.
Depends on your braking habits and type of brake pad mostly.
I rarely have any brake dust on my GM truck and very little on the buick. I am not hard on brakes, plus a good weekly (hand) wash to keep wheels from staining. Never used any cleaner, fact is I dont even have any. Avoid the so called disc brake shields/covers.

Visiting Guest

09-03-03, 05:31 PM   #4  
mike from nj
darrell, just my personal experience--when i bought my one GM product, it already had the disc brake shields on it, so in my true lazy form, i left them on and cleaned the rims about once every three months, they very gradually got dirty from the dust. one time i felt like taking them off, and the rims were dirty almost overnight, within a week they were completely black(like paint). i cleaned them and reinstalled the shields and it took a good 3-4 weeks again before they starting showing average dirty

based on that, i'd say they worked for me.

just my opinion

Search this Thread