Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Fuel filter location

Visiting Guest

09-04-03, 03:30 AM   #1  
liltrucker
Fuel filter location

I have a 1982 toyota pickup with a 22r engine. When I purchased it, there was a problem with it stalling at idle. I had the carb rebuilt at a local shop. This didn't solve the problem. I next replaced the fuel pump and planned on changing the fuel filter. All the people I've talked to say the filter is located in-line. I spent 15 minutes tracing the lines from the pump to the tank and couldn't locate the filter. Exactly where is the filter on my truck located.

Thank You
LilTrucker
Reno,NV

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

09-04-03, 03:33 AM   #2  
Joe_F
It may be in the carburetor, but I doubt it.

Hit the dealer's parts counter and have the counterman find it for you on the exploded parts diagram.

Visiting Guest

09-04-03, 03:52 AM   #3  
liltrucker
filter

The filter that the people at Auto Zone handed me was a plastic in-line filter. This filter is about 3 inches tall and 1-1/4 inches in diameter. The Chilton's Toyota book doesn't show a filter in the carb in their exploded views.

Visiting Guest

09-04-03, 05:38 AM   #4  
darrell McCoy
If it is the plastic type it is most likely in a bracket on the firewall
seems thats where my nephews is on his 82.

Visiting Guest

09-04-03, 06:41 AM   #5  
Joe_F
That is correct.

09-04-03, 07:19 AM   #6  
Filter is on the top of frame rail in front of the pass side rear tire. About 18" of hose from the top of tank to filter.

Larry

Search this Thread