AC Problem

Old 09-08-03, 05:53 PM
barbino
Visiting Guest
AC Problem

I have a 94 Dodge Ram. I was having problems with the ac compressor. I've replaced the compressor, dryer and oriface tube, then put a vaccum on the system. Recharged the system and still I don't have any cool air. What else could be causing this problem? Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-03, 06:20 PM
well a little more information such as high and low side pressures at idle. and if your liquid line near the evaporator is cold will help to determine if the a/c system is working correctly.
if it is cold i would expect a blend door problem causing you to atleast partially get heat and affecting the temperatures out of the ducts.

Old 09-08-03, 06:25 PM
barbino
Visiting Guest
The low pressure side was showing 50 and the high pressure side was showing 155. The tube where the oriface is located was frosted over if that is any help.

Old 09-08-03, 06:45 PM
what was the approximate temp outside when you read those pressures, did you see if the system held a vacum for about 30 minutes before recharging?
frosted over as in white with frost or just moisture on the tube?

Old 09-08-03, 06:48 PM
barbino
Visiting Guest
The outside temp was approx. 80. And yes it did hold the charge and there was frost on the tube.

Old 09-08-03, 07:07 PM
well there shouldnt be frost on the tube if its near where the orfice tube is located i would take that connection apart and double check make sure that you was given the correct part for your application, make sure the orfice tube is installed correctly the arrow points toward the evaporator and with the direction of the flow of freon. if you havent found the problem by now you may want to complety remove the line and blow out with compressed air to ensure it is not restricted.
as per your pressures the low side is a bit high and your high side is to low which would be an indication of the orfice tube allowing to much flow of freon to the evaporator.
if the drier has frost built up on it could of already drawed up to much moisture sometimes you can get a new drier that if no end caps are installed on it will fill with moisture just setting on the shelf.

Old 09-09-03, 06:34 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

I agree with BeJay.