Fuses

Old 09-09-03, 06:00 PM
margaret02038
Visiting Guest
Fuses

I bought a 1999 Camry a month ago. Today, while I driving, the car seemed to go into neutral for a few seconds then I lost my left dash lights, tach, speedometer, temp gauge and power windows. In my owners manual it shows fuse #43 behind the glove compartment. However, I can't figure out how to remove the glove compartment, Also, the fuse for the power windows shows as being linked with the power seat, which is working fine. I have a 1991 Camry with 220,000 miles that I has never needed a fuse replaced. I hope this newer model isn't going to be a problem. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 09-09-03, 09:37 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
losing all those things could be due to a fuse link being blown or a faulty ignition switch, the fuse links are usually located in the fuse box under the hood and will look like basicly a large fuse i would check these first.

Old 09-10-03, 03:12 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It's the gage fuse and it is behind the small approx 3"x3" compartment to the left of the steering wheel(most people put coins in it). Open it slightly and pull up to unsnap it.

The fuse blows for a reason........most likley cause is broken wires in the trunk harness on the left side. From the trunk opening and bending the wires they break where they exit the rear body harness and go up the trunk.

Larry

Old 09-10-03, 06:24 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I'd agree with Larry. I have seen this on a few Camry models of this era.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: