Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

98 Sonoma heater core

Visiting Guest

09-10-03, 08:48 AM   #1  
seewhirley
98 Sonoma heater core

What's the correct way to access the heater core in a 98 GMC Sonoma??? 2WD, X-Cab, factory air, 4.3L V-6

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

09-10-03, 09:30 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Check autolibrary.org below for R&R instructions.

Failing that, check your library for a manual, purchase a $25 Alldata.com subscription or pick up a factory manual to guide you.

Visiting Guest

09-10-03, 09:30 AM   #3  
darrell McCoy
Auto library has a decent description of this procedure. A PITA.

WV

09-10-03, 07:30 PM   #4  
Unfortunately this is not one for someone with limited mechanical skills (not saying that applies to you). Alldata says that the heater core pays 4.6 hours without A/C. With A/C it is 8.0 hours. Im sure this is because you have to evacuate and recharge the A/C system. If you have a floor shifter add another .3 hours. This procedure requires that the instrument panel be removed.
Let me know if you want the procedure from Alldata and I will try to make it available to you. Unfortunately Alldata does not allow me to copy and paste so I either have to type the procedure in or find another way. I could fax it to you if you have a fax number (preferable a toll free number as for some reason we do not have long distance at the shop yet)
Hope this helps ya,
Billy

Search this Thread