Windshield marker

Old 09-10-03, 02:17 PM
Windshield marker

Does anybody out there know what car sales people use to write on windshields to show the prices, etc. ?? I was thinking it may be one of those bingo daubers but I didn't want to buy some just for that as I don't play bingo and wouldn't know what to do with them afterword. LOL.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-03, 02:35 PM
Try liquid shoe polish or ask at a craft store they will have something.

Old 09-10-03, 05:28 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Get yourself some static cling letters, it's better looking.

I find that that ink "burns" into the glass over time. I have gotten some stuff from the junkyard where you can tell where the application was written. LOL.

Better yards use Hollander tags which just clip off or scrape off with hot water. The # on the tag conicides to the inventory # of the car or the stock # in their ADP system.

ADP Hollander is the master interchange system the yards use to catalog their inventory. It is truly an amazing system.

Old 09-10-03, 10:34 PM
mike from nj
Visiting Guest
yes, white shoe polish works very well, what you might be thinking about is a "grease pencil" don't ask me where to find one other than in our detailing department

Old 09-11-03, 04:08 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Grease Pencil:

Gotta think Staples, OfficeMax, Grainger, MSC, places like that.

I laugh when I'm behind a car on the Brooklyn Queens Expressway and it says

"89 Chev. Wgn, R/S 12334343". It's obvious the parts came from a junkyard and the owner was too lazy to remove the grease pencil markings. LOL.

Old 09-11-03, 02:14 PM
Thanx Guys, I knew the answer would be here as always.

Old 09-02-04, 06:25 AM
bigfxr
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up glass marker

'Glass Chalk, sponge marker, temporary paint.
Just like a tube of paint with a sponge applicator. Made just for writing on the windows. You can get it at Wal-mart, K-mart, etc. A couple bucks each. Last in the rain. Works good!

Old 09-02-04, 01:24 PM
What I ended up using was some white shoe polish. THe type with the applicator on the tip. It worked quite well actually, because we sold the car within 2 weeks from the time we set it out in the yard.... Now does anyone need to have their shoes polished, I have plenty of it left. LOL.