Rear Windows

Old 09-14-03, 06:01 AM
Rear Windows

94' chev, Corsica

Is there a way to get the rear power windows to go all the way down? Is it just a stop in there I can remove? Before I remove the door panels I'd rather ask here 1st.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-03, 06:11 AM
I wouldn't attempt this.There may not be room in the door for the entire glass panel.The regulator wasn't designed for it either.You will most likely just open a can of worms.May I ask why you feel the need to do this?

Old 09-14-03, 06:48 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
No it cannot and shouldn't be done.

I believe the regulator is designed that way. It is designed so that small children cannot get out of a fully open window.

Just turn on the A/C if it's hot in the car .

Old 09-14-03, 04:58 PM
There is not enough room for the glass to go down. Usually the cutout for the rear wheel opening is the problem.

For example a Tahoe the rear window dosen't go all the way down because of the rear wheel cut out, but a Suburban doesn't have the cut out for the wheel and the glass goes all the way down.

Larry

Old 09-15-03, 06:51 AM
I want to do it because when it's nice weather and don't want to use the a/c it's nice to drive with the windows down and use the "sill" as an arm rest and it's uncomfortable to do so with the window up 4"

I find it hard to believe this is a safety feature to keep kids from climbing out since there is plenty of room to do so with the windows down in the factory position.

Old 09-15-03, 06:53 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
It is a safety feature---GM has done this since at least 1977 on 4 door sedans and wagons from what I remember.

Again, it will involve modifying the regulator. A lot of work for a little more air.

I have owned many GM sedans over the years, and I never missed the "extra air" .