Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

ignition timing 98 2.0L ford

Visiting Guest

09-14-03, 10:30 AM   #1  
rcg
ignition timing 98 2.0L ford

I have a 98 ford contour w/ 2.0 engine. reciently I had to change the cam drive belt and in the process got a shop towel cought in the ignition trigger wheel pressed on the front cam (I put the rag over the top of the engine when I turned the engine over so oil wouldnt go all over and in it went). I tapped it so it back so it runs but, now the engine runs hot and actually seems to be getting hotter as time goes on. there must be a procedure to align the ignition trigger wheel on the cam. I guess I should mention the front cam(where the trigger wheel is has a spring loaded pulley on the drive end. any help is GREATLY appreciated. RCG

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

09-14-03, 11:31 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Check autolibrary.org below. Failing that, what does your service manual have to say?

WV

09-14-03, 07:21 PM   #3  
Sounds to me like you have a NEW problem and not necessarily related to the rag issue. I dont see how the timing wheel being even the slightest bit out of alignment, although all that is going to do is change your timing angle, will cause it to overheat. Check your cooling system out thoroughly. How does it run? Good? Rough?
Billy

Search this Thread