Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Intermittant ( fun)

CANADA

09-14-03, 04:10 PM   #1  
Intermittant ( fun)

'87 Corvette (automatic) The "service engine" light comes on sparatically....there seems to be no pattern or clues as to why. The only thing I notice is a slightly longer crank to get it going (2-3 seconds as opposed to immediately). The error code indicates there is a fault with the Mass Flow Air sensor. The sensor was replaced, and the same problem exists. The engine runs rough when the warning light is on (rough idle and hard downshift when letting off the gas), but it runs A1 when the warning light is not on. Sometimes shutting the car off for 2-3 minutes and restarting will clear the warning. Sometimes not. Any advise or direction would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

09-15-03, 07:05 AM   #2  
Joe_F
I believe that year has a MAF relay. Get a hold of a schematic for the MAF and go from there.

I HOPE you are using a simple stock Delco replacement MAF and not some hokey "performance" MAF as the latter is more problems than it is worth.

09-15-03, 07:15 AM   #3  
there is also a bulletin on failed mass air flow relays relative to this vehicle. Befriend somebody who works at a chevy dealer to help u out!

Search this Thread