Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

93 honda accord brakes

Visiting Guest

09-15-03, 02:18 PM   #1  
markovol
93 honda accord brakes

Just changed out the pads on my accord and took it for a test drive and there is a loud noise coming from the right front wheel. I took of the tire and checked everything and found nothing. The noise happens when I come to a complete stop.
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

09-15-03, 03:17 PM   #2  
Joe_F
What quality of pads were used (hopefully Honda OEM ones)?

Did you lubricate all of the caliper slides? Rotors ok? Changed, cut?

Visiting Guest

09-15-03, 03:25 PM   #3  
markovol
Thanks for the reply.

I am using OEM parts. The rotors look ok and I'm not sure what you mean by the caliper slides. I did put some stop squeak on the shims. The piston seems to be ok. I went so far as to put the old pads back on after I posted this and to my disgust the sound is still there. (wasn't there when I started) Makes me think that the problems isn't with the pads. I had to use the previous shims so I'm wondering if that could be causing a problem. The plot thickens

Visiting Guest

09-15-03, 04:02 PM   #4  
Joe_F
The caliper rides on slides that make it go back and forth as I recall on that vehicle. Perhaps they are bone dry and need to be lubricated.

Another possibility is out of shimmed pads, or a warped rotor.

Visiting Guest

09-15-03, 05:43 PM   #5  
markovol
Thanks for the the input. I think I'll try new shims and if that doesn't do it i'll see if I can find out where to slides for the caliper.

Thanks again

Visiting Guest

09-17-03, 03:46 AM   #6  
markovol
My worries are over. Took the car out today to buy the new shims and the more I braked the less I heard the ugly noise. By the time I got to the auto parts store the noise was gone. Bought the shims anyway just in case but it looks like the pads just needed to be seated. Thanks again for you help.

Visiting Guest

09-17-03, 07:38 AM   #7  
Joe_F
Sure.

Search this Thread