Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

anti-lock brake light

Visiting Guest

09-18-03, 03:13 PM   #1  
dwa12
anti-lock brake light

I have a 93 chevrolet caprice.. the anti lock brake light comes on when the car is moving about 2-3 mph...when i crank it up, it does not come on, only when I am moving...(I have to push the brake to shift from park to reverse or drive).... is there a switch to replace on this? I have looked on the master cylinder under the hood and there is a switch on the lower bracket from the cylinder, located in the center, I wonder if that is it? Has anyone got any ideas...It brakes good...

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

09-18-03, 04:13 PM   #2  
darrell McCoy
Swx is a safety device. If you have to push brake to shift from park to any gear, this is normal. About all you can do is check brake fluid, if it is full, then I would suggest Prof. help on the matter. Could possibly be a sensor in the system that is telling you something.

Visiting Guest

09-19-03, 05:52 AM   #3  
Joe_F
Antilock light=professional service required. Brakes are not something to gamble with.

This system requires you know the proper procedures and have the proper service literature to fix it.

Search this Thread