Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Intermittent Speedometer Troubles

FL

09-19-03, 06:52 AM   #1  
Intermittent Speedometer Troubles

1993 Isuzu Rodeo
Engine: 3.2L V6 Code RLU
Automatic Trans: Code RMQ
4 Door

Intermittent speedometer
========================
Periodically, the speedo quits working. That is, it says 0 even if I'm on the highway moving at a high rate of speed. Sometimes it does not work the first few minutes of driving. It also seems that I have up get up to 42mph and then it "kicks" in. But this isn't always, just sometimes. It happens sometimes 3 or more times a day and then might be fine for 1-2 weeks. Does not seem to matter if the vehicle is hot or not.

The speed sensor was replaced but the problem continued. Next, they replaced the speed gear. I still have the problem.

This damn thing has cost me nearly $400 and it still does not work. I'm tired of funding these shops retirement accounts.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

09-19-03, 07:17 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Time to find a shop that will solve the problem....

Possibly a bad speedo head, but that's rare. Sounds like someone missed something along the way.

I'd be back at the shop asking for a refund if $400 worth of parts has not fixed the problem.

Check alldata.com for any bulletins on this specific issue.

Visiting Guest

09-19-03, 07:35 AM   #3  
Joe_F
Ding, ding, ding, we have a bulletin

There is a bulletin from Isuzu on an inoperative speedometer. I sugget you check it out with a COMPETENT Isuzu dealer:

http://alldata.com/TSB/29/93290915.html

Search this Thread