Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

a little ebay humor

Visiting Guest

09-22-03, 10:40 PM   #1  
mike from nj
a little ebay humor

a big ebay humor! especially the bidding prices!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2432601336

if you read down to the fan mail, you will see this a serious auction.

if this thing sells for over $10,000, i'm quitting my job tomorrow and starting my own customizing business

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

09-23-03, 03:53 AM   #2  
Joe_F
C'mon Mike if you REALLY want to roll your eyes, wait for the swapmeet this weekend.

I think I go some years get a laugh or two.

"Ok, so you want $59.99 for a set of wrenches that Sears sells right here in the catalog (and store) for $39.99. Are yours signed by someone or gold plated????". Some people are WAY off the mark

Group Moderator

FL

09-23-03, 04:34 AM   #3  
Hey, we tow crap like that all the time. Don't believe me, go here:

http://www.mastertowing.com/pics015.htm

And, yes, those are "stacks, and, yes, they ARE connected.

What really sets me off is that the people who can afford to put $5000 worth of "custom" junk and big stereos on their cars are some of the same ones that certain segments of society whine about not being about to afford health insurance (or whatever). But don't get me started on that.

Oh, and after they hook up their $2000 worth of stereo and it smokes the wiring harness trying to power it all up, they like to complain about the $36 cost of the tow. LOL

KS

09-23-03, 07:40 AM   #4  
I love the roof scoop/rubbermaid trash can. And of course the Kamakazie spoiler made of lead pipe and plywood. I didn't know home depot was getting into after market car parts.

OH

09-23-03, 08:50 AM   #5  
I can't stand it.. That is hillarious.. By the way tow guy nice pics on your site too. Those stacks are so he can drive through swimming pools like James Bond.

Group Moderator

FL

09-23-03, 11:40 AM   #6  
Hard to see in the picture, but if you look real close you'll also see semi-tractor size air horns (2) and a PA speaker on the roof.

Visiting Guest

09-23-03, 02:58 PM   #7  
Joe_F
Some people need more to do. LOL .

09-23-03, 04:41 PM   #8  
Its at $14,999 right now and there's still 10 hours left.

You think I could get anything for my Ford Tempo that I picked up for $200? I've got the head that goes on it in the dining room LOL.

Kay

WV

09-23-03, 07:40 PM   #9  
That piece of crap ended for $10,600 and had 359k hits. What a big waste of time. If this is a hoax this moron just cost his self a big final value fee. Thats what makes it so darn funny. Some folks should really DO need something to do with their time. Im with you Mike... I think I am on the wrong side of this business too.
Billy

TX

09-23-03, 07:41 PM   #10  
way too cool

I think I might go buy me a yugo junker fix it up with maybe a home made super charger out of a trashcan sticking out the hood and some other goodies and sell it for a zillion bucks YEA what an Idea See ya all in the Bahamas when I am a millionaire.

09-23-03, 08:29 PM   #11  
Wow, when I looked at it the winning bid was much higher. Guess a bidder backed out? Still can't believe it went for that.

I want to take my old Tempo and make it into a dune buggy or something. Maybe put a 3" lift on it, cut the top out, put some roll bars on it...how much you figure I could get for it on eBay?

Kay

Visiting Guest

09-24-03, 03:41 AM   #12  
Joe_F
Ebay is SUPPOSED to be a binding contract when you bid and when you sell, and SUPPOSEDLY enforceable, how much so I don't really know.

The high bidder could always back out and say "Well, when I saw it in person, it was materially different than what was advertised or inspected". Walks away and the seller is left with the fee. Now, the seller can second chance offer it to the next bidder, who might have bid as high as the first guy but didn't get his bid in before the top bidder. Pretty neat how it works with them.

Anyhow, it is $14,000 over it's real value .
That vehicle and $2.00 gets you a bus ride here in NYC.

OH

09-24-03, 04:39 AM   #13  
Hey Mike Van, I think they made a Turbo Yugo so if ya find one of those you'de be in business. If you ever seen the movie "Drowning Mona" the whole town owned Yugo's.

Here's a hot one for ya.

www.mirafiori.com/~courtney/128/scott.html

Last edited by mattison; 09-24-03 at 04:55 AM.

Search this Thread