CR-V rear toe out at 15k miles?

Old 09-29-03, 01:26 PM
CR-V rear toe out at 15k miles?

Last winter was not that bad in Newengland. We bought this leftover 02 in 12/02. How is it that the toe is said to be way-out on the rear wheels?__ I couldn't make myself believe him.... will get a second opinion. It would be great to be able to check it myself. What kind of a hit knocks the rear alignment out? __ Also, they want $85 for a 4 wheel align. Is that reasonable? __ Thanks folks.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-03, 02:01 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Yup, considering a front wheel alignment costs about 40 bones, that's fairly good for a 4 wheel alignment.

Might want to discuss this with the dealer to see what they have to say on it.

Old 09-30-03, 04:39 AM
Tx Joe, question on Toe of wheel....

Tx Joe, question on Toe of wheel.... Does it mean front of wheel (facing to front of car) is in-or-out, or does it mean that the top of the wheel is in or out? ___ Wifey noted that she hit a huge stone backing out of the neighbors driveway last month. Maybe that caused this?! I will close this post with your answer. [ BTW : there were no manuals on the Honda 2002 CRV and I really do try to search for any other related threads B 4 asking here. There was little found on alignment, or toe that included Honda or CRV ] Tx again.

Old 09-30-03, 07:03 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Arrow

No free manuals on this one, too new....

The only manual to buy would be the Honda OEM one, but it probably won't directly answer your question.

Sure, hitting something could knock it out of alignment. Cars need alignments. See what happens after you have it done and monitor the tire wear.

Remember that 4WD/AWD vehicles can be harder on tires and suspension than a regular 2WD vehicle.

From what I recall, toe in/out can be explained like this:

Stand up. Pivot your foot in and out. That should be toe in and toe out. Picture this on your tire in place of your foot.