Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1993 Volvo Sedan

Visiting Guest

09-29-03, 02:03 PM   #1  
plugger
1993 Volvo Sedan

My wife just came home all excited about this car she found for sale. She says it has no rust; has 155k miles on it; has a 2.4lr 5 cyl. engine; and is fully loaded for a very low price. She wants me to go with her tomorrow to look at it and tell her if its worth buying. I can check the blue book to see if the price is right, but I am not familiar w/ Volvo's at all. Most all cars have their weak points. What should I be concerned with when I look this car over for her? Is it good or bad in snow and ice? How safe is it should we (God forbid) get in an accident with it?

I will have our mechanic look it over before we make any deals, but I thought if you folks could give me some advice concerning general info and common problems for this model, it may save us some time.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

09-29-03, 02:07 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Solid car overall. That's the good part.

Expensive to repair, parts cost a mint, not everyone is familiar with them (so service is $$$ as the guys that know them know you have to go to them to get it fixed right), butt ugly, square boxes and slow.

If the former outweighs the latter and it checks out by a mechanic, you have your answer .

Search this Thread