Trade two cars in?

Old 10-02-03, 08:27 AM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Trade two cars in?

Can anyone out there tell me if they have any experience in trading TWO cars in on a single car, or if that is even possible at a dealership?

Sorry for the strange question, but I was not sure if this was the correct place to post such a question...

Thanks ahead of time!

PS I have a 1997 Honda Accord Special Edition for sale and a 1997 Toyota Corrola. We are looking to consolidate to one car...

Old 10-02-03, 08:51 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Sure, the dealership will happily give you squat for both.

You will usually lose money trading a car in over selling it on your own. There are benefits to trading versus selling, but if you don't mind, selling on your own usually nets you more money.

Dealers buy and sell cars, so I wouldn't see why they wouldn't take both vehicles. Still fairly new and if they are in good shape, both are popular cars and can easily be resold.

Old 10-02-03, 08:56 AM
Like Joe says you're much better off selling them on your own. The dealer may lead you to believe you're getting X dollars for your trade but it's in the mark up of the car you're buying.

Old 10-02-03, 08:57 AM
B
I HAD A `01 GRAND PRIX THAT I NEEDED TO SELL. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND AUTOTRADER.COM. THE MARKET FOR MY CAR WAS, AND PROBABLY STILL IS FLAT, BUT I WAS IMPRESSED WITH THE RESULTS I GOT.......

Old 10-02-03, 10:40 AM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
Trading 2 cars on 1. You will most likely come out on the short end of the stick. Sell them outright. Take proceeds and make down payment or whatever.

Old 10-03-03, 10:17 AM
D
Do your homework. There are many internet sites that will give Retail, and tradein values for cars. (NADA, KBB) See what that difference is worth to you, in time and effort. Have this information when you start your negotiation. Set your price in your head prior to there tactics, be firm and don't be afraid to walk, there are a lot of good deals out there. There are also some good tips on how to negotiate with car dealerships on the internet. I agree with all the other posters, you will come out ahead if you sell on your own.
DJ

PS, those are both good cars, why not just part with one?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: