Transmission Selonoid pack

Old 10-06-03, 09:06 PM
Rc4b
Visiting Guest
Transmission Selonoid pack

On a 1995 chrysler 6cycl can anyone tell me if the selonoid pack on the transmission is difficult too replace?
I am being told that that is what causing my problem!!
I was just burned bye a transmission shop! that I am currently trying to get a refund back!! but don't expect too!!
Since then I have been too three other places and they all diagnose it to be the selonoid pack on the transmission.
From the readings of the computer they hooked up.

Welcome any and all responses!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-03, 04:10 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Chrysler six cylinder what?????

Shopping from shop to shop to get a diagnosis isn't going to save you much. . I'd be making the first shop eat the repair and I'd be on the blower to the Better Business Bureau, Consumer Affairs and everyone in the book if you feel you got screwed.

I recollect it's fairly easy to change on most of the Chryslers of that vintage. Right there when you take the pan down. Part is fairly reasonable, and I believe some aftermarket companies may have it now.

Old 10-07-03, 11:17 PM
mike from nj
Visiting Guest
take the air filter ducting off and you will see the solenoid pack on top of the trans right where the dipstick goes into the case. three 10mm bolts and it's off, plus one 8mm(5/16) wiring connector. sometimes there's a black sound deadener covering the pack, it comes off easy.

your old one has two gaskets and a separator plate holding it to the transmission. the new one is the 'silent' design, it won't buzz when you put it into gear anymore and has only one gasket and no separator plate. sometimes i have to take off the input speed sensor (1 inch socket) to get to the back bolt. make sure the trans case is spotless, scrape it with a razor blade and get off every last bit of gasket, or it will leak. try to keep as much stuff as possible from falling into the openings in the case.

depending where you buy it from, it may or may not be an updated part. i know the one from a dealer will be the new design and will have the one gasket design, i can't speak for the aftermarket as i've never used one.

either way, follow the instructions very carefully that comes with the part as the gaskets are not the same(between the old and new designs)

confused? just follow the instructions

Old 10-08-03, 01:02 AM
Rc4b
Visiting Guest
Originally posted by mike from nj
take the air filter ducting off and you will see the solenoid pack on top of the trans right where the dipstick goes into the case. three 10mm bolts and it's off, plus one 8mm(5/16) wiring connector. sometimes there's a black sound deadener covering the pack, it comes off easy.

your old one has two gaskets and a separator plate holding it to the transmission. the new one is the 'silent' design, it won't buzz when you put it into gear anymore and has only one gasket and no separator plate. sometimes i have to take off the input speed sensor (1 inch socket) to get to the back bolt. make sure the trans case is spotless, scrape it with a razor blade and get off every last bit of gasket, or it will leak. try to keep as much stuff as possible from falling into the openings in the case.

depending where you buy it from, it may or may not be an updated part. i know the one from a dealer will be the new design and will have the one gasket design, i can't speak for the aftermarket as i've never used one.

either way, follow the instructions very carefully that comes with the part as the gaskets are not the same(between the old and new designs)

confused? just follow the instructions
Thanks for the response!
So I don't even have to pull the transmission?
Just move the airfilter ducting?

THanks!!!

Search this Thread