removing door panel

Old 10-07-03, 02:46 PM
john_ouj
Visiting Guest
removing door panel

The electric window in my 1994 Pontiac Bonneville is stuck in the open position. I believe the motor is too weak to push the window back up. Unfortunately, I am a student and don't have the $300+ dollars to pay to repair it. How can I get it back up? I would try to take the inside door panel off, but I don't know how to do that either. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-03, 03:38 PM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
Many configurations anymore on door panels. Most if you remove the elec panel, all visible screws, then gently pry off a corner of the panel, you will see clips. Sometime these are destroyed and cant be reused. The there will be a waterproof water deflector to remove. Now here is the clincher. You would have to remove the glass attachments/regulator arms to raise the window and then you would have to tape it at the top with duct tape. It is ugly. 360 is more like a dealer repair including motor. I would check wiring first, then maybe switch's. Hit the inside of door with rubber mallet while switch is in up position. I would wager the motor is just bad.
After market motors can be obtained for 65-70 bucks. At least 2 hours labor to R&R. A can of worms if you have never done this type repair. If the motor sounds like it is trying, hook a pc of wire under window and maybe you can pull it up enough to get hold of it with your fingers.

Old 10-07-03, 04:36 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Agree with Darrell.

Be careful you don't pinch or cut your hands in the door--lots of jagged edges of metal.

The way most GM motors are serviced is by removing the door glass and regulator and servicing them outside the car.