ABS Light

Old 10-08-03, 05:09 PM
Rc4b
Visiting Guest
ABS Light

Hello!
I have a 1995 Chrysler Cirrus 6 cyl automatic
Tha ABS light came on and after doing brake job on the car the ABS light is still on!! Can anyone suggest how I can fix this problem?

Thanks for your time!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-03, 09:06 PM
suggest taking to shop to have diagnossed they will first have to retrieve codes from the computer to see what is causing the light to stay on. there is several sensors, and other components that can fail causing an abs light to come on it has nothing to do with worn pads or shoes and will not come on for that reason.

Old 10-09-03, 12:07 AM
mike from nj
Visiting Guest
you sure have a lot of problems with this thing.

bj is entirely right, stored codes need to be retrieved with an appropriate scan tool

Old 10-09-03, 05:15 AM
You didn't, by any chance, just replace a cv assembly also, that you did not mention? I just want to cover all the bases.

Old 10-09-03, 07:11 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
If you go to Autozone, they may be able to pull the codes for you. Post what you find here and we'll go from there.

Old 10-10-03, 07:26 PM
Its a 1995.... Autozone aint gonna be able to pull codes and likely this vehicle doesnt have a computer connection to the ABS system. Flash code time!!!
Billy

Old 10-10-03, 08:35 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mike from nj
[B]you sure have a lot of problems with this thing.

What would you expect? It is a Chrysler product!!

Old 10-11-03, 09:04 AM
mike from nj
Visiting Guest
well his previous post was his engine problem, engine is japanese in this one(2.5L v6)

i guess that's why i'm always busy in work!

Old 10-11-03, 09:11 AM
mike from nj
Visiting Guest
billy, i don't think they made this thing til 96, maybe he bought it in late 95? i can't think of a single stratus/cirrus/breeze that wasn't obdII, but i also don't know how good a scanner the aftermarket has to be able to even read abs codes, a lot of information back then was secret and it took a while for the aftermarket to get to it.

we'll see where he gets

Old 10-11-03, 12:39 PM
Mike.... You are absolutely right. I didnt think about that. Most of the older ABS systems were pretty tough to get the codes from without OEM scanners.
Billy

Old 10-11-03, 06:54 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I'd have to say a SnapOn scanner or other good scan tool should be able to handle this. Autozone probably has an Actron code reader from Sears. LOL.

Mike: I thought I recall a 2.5 Sebring in 1995.

Old 10-11-03, 09:38 PM
Y Vlad
Visiting Guest
Snap-On MT-2400 with right cartridge pulls those codes in no time, did it my self many times.