O-2 sensor

Old 10-12-03, 02:30 PM
Question O-2 sensor

HI, I have a 94 cutlass V-6, 3100 is on the valve cover and I am changing plugs & wires and it is ildling rough big-time & I am trying to see if I can do it myself. I wud like to know if anybody can tell me where the o-2 sensor is cuz if the new wires & plugs doesn't work I am going to change the sensor, but don't know where it is & I have never change 1 b-4.
Da Bear

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-03, 04:37 PM
Have you tried cleaning the idle air control passage?

Spray intake cleaner in the opening for the idle air supply (if you look in the throttle with the engine running you'll see the passage and hear it hissing in the air).

I rev it and spray the inside of the entire throttle area. When you let off the throttle, the computer will open the idle air control valve up, letting it suck in lots of cleaner. Clean 'er out really good. This is a common problem for the 3.1 (and 2.8).

The O2 sensor is in the rear exhaust manifold, IIRC.

Old 10-12-03, 05:41 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Original poster:

The 02 sensor is NOT likely to be the cause of your problem. Do not throw parts at this, it gets expensive in a hurry.

Follow my "The Basics" post below as well as autolibrary.org to TEST components before replacing them.