Automotive electrical

Old 10-12-03, 03:39 PM
dbc
Visiting Guest
Automotive electrical

1991 Olds Cutlass Supreme SL (4 Door)

- electric door locks...master at drivers door and slave at passenger door....none at rear doors....car is not equipped with remote option... on keychain.....

- locks have a mind of their own...will lock and unlock anytime and anywhere....when moving or when parked......sometimes once every 10 minutes......sometimes not for a few days....end result is always that all 4 doors are unlocked.

- can lock doors at grocery store and come back in 30 minutes and they will all be unlocked....or this will not occur for a week...

- I had to disconnect remote trunk unlock button under dash because trunk would always unlock at the same time....

- no rhyme or reason......

- I have opened the switches at both doors and cleaned out with compressed air.....any dust that may have been shorting???

Has anyone ever heard of this??? Or have any good ideas???

Yup...really weird

dbc

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-03, 05:30 PM
Yep, common problem on Hondas. We just recently had a similar post in this forum, you could search back and find it. In summary, check the wires in the door hinge area.

Old 10-12-03, 05:35 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Any aftermarket alarm on this thing?

Old 10-15-03, 09:58 AM
dbc
Visiting Guest
door locks

back at you Joe.....
no aftermarket alarms either....and with this problem......I guess if someone wants it.......go ahead and take it

dbc

Old 10-15-03, 11:21 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Check closely for a pinched wire in the door boot. I would think this could easily cause this problem.

And that has been a problem on many GM vehicles as someone mentioned.

Old 10-16-03, 05:56 AM
I just saw this problem again yesterday, self locking, on a mini-van. It's everywhere, it's everywhere