Eureka (pt.2)

Old 10-12-03, 08:46 PM
janetlee
Visiting Guest
Talking Eureka (pt.2)

Okay, Joe...you mentioned 3 different possibiities as to why the gas gauge isn't working (and I thank you very much!), BUT what about the possible "costs"...???? GULP !!!!
I hope I ain't gotta learn to live with it !!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-03, 06:14 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Please use your reply button so continuity is maintained and we don't have multiple posts on the same vehicle/problem (also everyone can follow along this way and contribute in one place).

Dash gauge= Used is the only way to go. A new gauge is likely obsolete from Ford and likely 1/4 of what you paid for this car.

Tank sending unit wire: Depends on the shop and what they charge per hour and how fast they can find it. Sometimes they get pinched or rot out and the gauge will not work. Sometimes the wire falls off, depends on the vehicle.

Sending unit in the tank: The tank has to be dropped and the sender is attached to the fuel pump. I would hazard a guess at a $200 repair parts and labor.

When you buy an $800 vehicle, these things will just crop up. As someone mentioned, you could live with it as-is and just fill up. I wouldn't do that, but if cash is an issue, this is the way to go till you can get the $$ to fix it.