Power stearing pully

Old 10-13-03, 03:59 PM
Catter
Visiting Guest
Power stearing pully

How do you use a powerstearing pully puller correctly?
I am trying to pull the powerstearing unit off of a 1989 Camero.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-03, 10:12 PM
Doug66
Visiting Guest
hi catter, im also from indiana. indianapolis to be exact. i rented me a power steering pump pully remover/installer from pepboys for about $30. it's a nice tool-true craft tools. i wouldn't use anything else like a regular puller. im sure this probably doesn't help but they do come with instructions. doug

Old 10-14-03, 09:14 AM
matm347
Visiting Guest
Basically, you must remove any fasteners that hold the pulley on, put the two(or more) arms around the pulley, and the center "bolt" on the shaft of the pump, turning the bolt in will put pressure on the shaft which will cause the arms to pull the pulley off.

Old 10-14-03, 09:37 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I don't know how to fix CAMERO models because they don't exist.

CAMARO models however DO exist .

Autozone will rent you the puller for free through their tool rental program and it should have the proper directions with it.

Old 10-14-03, 01:28 PM
The '89 chevy's have a groove machined into the hub of the pulley. The puller should have a collar that slips over and into the
groove. Pulley is removed by screwing bolt (comes with tool)through the collar against the pump shaft.
AutoZone will loan tool free for a refundable deposit. You can usually use the tool to reinstall new pulley. Most pulleys come with an elementary tool to install.

Search this Thread