Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

muffler direction?

Visiting Guest

10-13-03, 04:14 PM   #1  
ridelikehell
muffler direction?

i picked up a used dyno max muffler for real cheap off this guy, and i'm gonna throw it on my truck...i've been looking at the thing and i have no idea which way it is supossed to go? usually there is an arrow or something that indicates direction of air flow...i've looked inside the muffler and it looks symetrical from both ends?....it goes in, and its just a straight shot to the other side (its offset/offset)...any ideas here? could it possible be multidirectional?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

10-14-03, 04:08 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Possibly. Call Dynomax and ask .

I hope "cheap" was free as I wouldn't be wasting time with possibly bad exhaust parts on my vehicle .

Visiting Guest

10-14-03, 09:09 AM   #3  
matm347
Dynomax use straight thru design and can be used either way, just find the best fit.

Visiting Guest

10-14-03, 01:33 PM   #4  
ridelikehell
joe...yes, "cheap" was free...the muffler is in mint condition if you looked at it you honestly would swear it had never been used..the car it came off of was in a wreck like a week after they were installed...

mattm347...thanks a lot, thats what I was thinking I just needed some clarification.

Visiting Guest

10-14-03, 01:36 PM   #5  
Joe_F
Just checking...no sense in using rusty parts to save a buck---especially on an exhaust system.

Search this Thread