Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Cougar Electrical Problems

Visiting Guest

10-16-03, 10:28 AM   #1  
fishy159
Cougar Electrical Problems

I own a 2000 Mercury Cougar (V6, Automatic). I recently have had some electrical issues--my head lights and dash lights no longer seem to work. I am able to pull outward on the switch to make my fog lights come on, but needless to say, that is not enough for night-time driving.
I really thought that the problem was just in the headlamp switch (maybe a short or something, because there was a day or two when I could wiggle the switch and get the lights to come on). Now, however, I can get no lights to work.
I brought my car to the ford dealer and they have had it now for 3 full days (we're into the 4th today).
I call to get updates and all they tell me is that they are still tracing the wires! How long can this take? I am starting to get really frustrated and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions that I can pass on to the mechanics, who I'm not so sure know what they are doing. Or can someone at least tell what they should be doing to find and fix the problem?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

10-16-03, 11:14 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Sounds like the dealer is stumped. In which case, they should probably bail out and call the Ford hotline for help or advise you to get it to another dealer that WILL find the problem....

I checked quickly in Alldata.com and didn't find anything that jumped out at me, but you may wish to print these and show them to the dealer (although they should have this EXACT information too):

http://alldata.com/TSB/36/003620C8.html

Search this Thread