Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Honda CRV Head Lights ??

Visiting Guest

10-17-03, 06:42 PM   #1  
kbc
Honda CRV Head Lights ??

Honda CRV 97

Only one of my low beam lights will work, however the high beams work. The bulb is not blown so I checked the fuse. One 20 amp fuse was blown, I replaced this and now the other light does not work on low beam. I then replaced the 30 amp fuse for the lights even though it was not blown (with a 40 amp fuse only thing available) .

Problem still exists no low beam lights however the high beams work. All fuses are good, all other electrical items in the car work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
KBC

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

10-18-03, 09:36 AM   #2  
mike from nj
did you ever see a house where they put bigger fuses into the panel---no you haven't, because they burnt down.

GO BUY the correct fuses, now!

if you have halogen headlamp bulbs, you cannot touch the glass with your fingers, they will burn out rapidly.

make double sure you are buying the correct bulbs and are there any aftermarket lights, fog lights, driving lights, neon lights, fender lights, hood lights on this thing.

let us know

Visiting Guest

10-18-03, 01:00 PM   #3  
kbc
I put it back still no go

I put the 30 back in (there was no problem with it in the first place). I went to a few local garages finally found one opened. Wouldn't U know, it was a one-owner garage small with cars everywhere and willing to take a moment and look at the problem (he's got my business) as opposed to the few big name places closed or giving me the blank what an idiot stare J. He suspects it's a switch up in the column where I turn on the lights. Bring back Monday morning, funny thing is I work at night so I guess I'll be high beaming it tonight pissing everybody off.
I'll keep all informed for future reference...Thanks

Visiting Guest

10-18-03, 07:07 PM   #4  
Joe_F
Sounds like the car is in good hands to be repaired....

Visiting Guest

10-24-03, 03:40 PM   #5  
kbc
Problem solved

Well, I took the car in to the mentioned garage. Once these guys had time to go over it they said both bulbs were blown (the guy at shucks and his continuity check leave a lot to be desired). One bulb was blown and the other would work periodically making it look as though it was a switch or a short some place especially when I had to replace a fuse, which dealt with the heater and not the lights. So it turns out it wasn't a problem in a switch in the turn signal arm on the steering column. Dam! If it isn't always the simplest thing, however one great thing has come from this, I found an honest and competent garage with great mechanics, they've got my business for life.

Visiting Guest

10-25-03, 03:57 PM   #6  
Joe_F
Sounds like he's on the ball. Good work.

Search this Thread