stalling grand prix

Old 10-18-03, 07:23 PM
shalie616
Visiting Guest
stalling grand prix

I HAVE A 1992 GRAND PRIX PUT IN NEW CRANKSHAFT, TIMING , NOW THE CAR STALLS WHEN IT DOES START OR JUST WANT START AT ALL. TOOK IT TO THE SHOP STILL HAVING SAME PROBLEM.ALL SENSORS WHERE REPLACED AND THE DIS MODULE WHAT CAN I DO NEXT?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-03, 07:37 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Kill the caps, no need to shout.

Back to the shop that did the "repair" and ask them why you paid money for a still broken vehicle.

Old 10-19-03, 06:51 AM
You didn't mention what engine you have but from your post I'm assuming you have a timing chain.
Sounds like you are out of time most likely with the chain but possiblly late ignition timing.
First try disconnecting the battery to clear the computer and re-learn idle strategy but if you say you have starting problems also, I wouldn't get my hopes up on that. Try a compression test and that will give you some idea where to go from there.

Old 10-19-03, 02:27 PM
I would guess its a 3.1 and you replaced the crank becouse it spun a brg. (another GM boat ancor). The crank has a crankshaft position sensor reluctor ring on it. Did the new one have it on and was it on the right position?

Old 10-20-03, 08:15 AM
The idle on those needs to be relearned after a disconnected battery......it will learn itself eventually, or u can get it done at a dealer.

Old 10-20-03, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by bigguy05641
The idle on those needs to be relearned after a disconnected battery......it will learn itself eventually, or u can get it done at a dealer.
The part about not starting at all kinda killed that theory

Old 10-21-03, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by Desi501

The part about not starting at all kinda killed that theory
It isn't a theory, it's a fact!