1995 chevy caprice propane inop

Old 10-20-03, 09:06 PM
redwards
Visiting Guest
Angry 1995 chevy caprice propane inop

I am looking to buy a 1995 chevy caprice, it has 64,000 miles and everything seems to be really good with it, but there is one question I have; it says "propane inop" I know that the 5.7 L engeins are able to run with gas, propane gas, and natural gas. So what does it mean when it says "propane inop"? The engein is of course 5.7 L , and it runs good.

P.S. It is a police modle

Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-03, 09:28 PM
mike from nj
Visiting Guest
take that bulb out

is it a true 'dual fuel' vehicle, if it isn't, then definitely take the bulb out.

if it is, it might just be out of fuel(propane)

try to find some literature, like in the owner's manual as to what your options are. good luck trying to find parts if it is one.

Old 10-21-03, 03:52 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Find a GOOD GM dealer with access to the "9C1" police package parts catalogs.

If it was only a 9C1 option, the parts sheets will be there. Also, if it's a true factory option, it should show up in a service manual.

Old 10-21-03, 05:36 AM
Whoa, I have never seen one of these!!!
Don't bring it to my dealer, as nobody here has heard of it, nor can I find any technical information that speaks of it.
this was either converted after it left the factory, or it's some oddball fleet vehicle GM produced for limited areas.
I would avoid it like the plague.....

Old 10-21-03, 06:56 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
BG:

Lol. Why? If GM converted it or authorized it, why not work on it and make the money?

Old 10-21-03, 07:17 AM
Joe, reread my post. We have no info here. Kinda like a independant. And it's unlikely I'll be spending the thirty bucks a phone call to Identifix.
I also doubt it's GM.

Old 10-21-03, 07:19 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Would be interesting to know who did it, yes. If it's GM authorized and they expect you to fix it, the info. should be out there.

That's my point .

Old 10-21-03, 09:07 AM
And since I don't have any info, it may not be GM.
That is my point

Old 10-21-03, 09:36 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I guess ?

I know Ford is big into the flex fuel jobs for fleets. I'll have to mosey over to EDS and see if they have anything.....

Old 10-21-03, 12:25 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Well, GM shows a KL5 option RPO code for a Natural gas conversion on a 4.3 V8(the 5.7's baby brother) in 1995.......