Door panels in 1990 Sentra

Old 10-28-03, 10:50 AM
Door panels in 1990 Sentra

How do you get the door panels off to get to the Radio speakers?
Changeling

Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-03, 10:51 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Usually they pop off from the plastic fasteners that hold them into the the door shell.

Old 10-28-03, 11:31 AM
Are you saying I should put something with a flat blade behind the panel and gently pry forward ? Are the plastic fasteners reusable?
Changeling
'

Old 10-28-03, 12:36 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Pry gently, but if you're unsure, hit the dealer's parts counter for an exploded view of the door panel to see what you're up against.

Sometimes the fasteners break, sometimes not. All depends.

Old 10-28-03, 02:35 PM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
Dont get to rough with prying the panel off, look for the fasteners and stay close to them. Fact is you can get an inexpensive tool for this purpose, same for taking door handles off if it applies. Work from the bottom up, when they are loose, lift panel out at the bottom and up and off the door. Works better if the window is down. If you are careful you can re-use the fasteners, otherwise, back to dealer or parts store with an old one so they can match it up. If you are lucky, you may be able to pull it away far enough to remove the speaker. Depends on location.

Old 10-28-03, 02:47 PM
Darrell thanks for the descriptive reply. This helps a lot! What is the tool you were referring to? Can I get it at Pep Boys are a similar place? What do I ask for?
Changeling

Old 10-28-03, 04:22 PM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
Had mine so long I dont recall where they came from, but any automotive parts supply should be able to fix you up. Similar to a large flat blade screwdriver but has a cut out on the blade so you can straddle the fastener. I am not sure on the window cranks or if it is a manual roll down. If there are no visible screws it may require a clip removal tool also. I have very patiently at times removed these with out the tool. As I said I am not familiar with this particular auto, some you can push the panel inward from the handle and see a clip.

Old 10-28-03, 04:30 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Arrow

You want a window crank/door panel remover tool (combination tool usually). Any parts store has them.