99 ford expedition

Old 10-29-03, 01:13 PM
99 ford expedition

is it just me or do these things have the touchiest steering ever? we recently traded the vehicle in, thank goodness, and got a chevy. my wife loved it and thought i was silly about the steering. has anyone else noticed the problem, or is it my imagination?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-03, 01:18 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
What engine size, was it 2 or 4 wheel drive?

Old 10-29-03, 01:25 PM
hey joe,
it was a two wheel drive. i cant remember the engine size. all i remember is that you could breath on the steering wheel and jerk everyone in the car around. i met a lady in phoenix that had a 2001 model and she said her 1999 had the same issues, but her 2001 did not. i think they are dangerous if they are all like that. my wife drove the car every day and had become used to it to the point that she did not notice it. she swore it was my diving, not HER car.

Old 10-29-03, 01:59 PM
KurtDixon
Visiting Guest
We had I think a 98, possibly a 99 model leased until a couple years ago. Yes it does have sensitive steering, at the same time we had a chevy tahoe that had totally different steering (not nearly as sensitive) the steering is fine once you get used to it, but it was hard for my parents to flip flop between the chevy and the ford. Nothing "wrong" with the ford, just a different steering system that takes some getting used to. So tell your wife it IS her car, but it is normal. So it is kind of inbetween the two opinions

Old 10-30-03, 06:30 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Being 2WD it was probably lighter than what a normal "truck" would feel.

That might explain it. Also, different style steering, suspension, tires, etc.

My sister has an 02 Tahoe. Drives like a dream.