Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Engine Block Heater

IL

10-30-03, 09:39 PM   #1  
Engine Block Heater

I live in the northwest suburbs of Chicago, and my 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 (5.9 litre) sits outside all winter for two reasons. It is the extra long wheelbase (full size bed and extended cab) and it doesn't fit in the garage, and the garage is now a woodworking shop anyway.

I want to get an engine block heater for it that both works good, and is fairly inexpensive. I've seen the ones on ebay for about 50 bucks that circulates the cooling system while heating it.

Anybody have any experiences with these? Good or Bad experiences are welcome for comment.

I've also seen the dipstick heaters that replace the original oil pan dipstick - but that doesn't sound like a good idea.

It's starting to get cold here fast, and I want to do this when I flush and fill the system. It seams like a good time to do it.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Herm

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

10-31-03, 03:41 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Get the OEM one from the Chrysler dealer. Best bet. Made to work properly with the vehicle.

Search this Thread