95 s10 blazer buss flasher

Old 11-02-03, 12:50 PM
mccomart
Visiting Guest
95 s10 blazer buss flasher

where is the turn signal flaser (buss flasher) located it is not in the fuse panel

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-03, 07:06 PM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
I believe that one is left of the steering column. Behind dash. Probably have to remove lower/underneath panel to gain access. If you like, any auto parts supply could look in the book and get you an exact location.

Old 11-02-03, 07:46 PM
KurtDixon
Visiting Guest
Just a curious question, why do car makers put turn signal flashers in the stupidest places? Such as INSIDE the steering column requiring the steering wheel to be pulled in order to gain access? Me thinks it would be 1000 times easier for them to screw them under the dash or put them in the interior fuse panel (you would still here the tick, click, tick, click and they would take 5 minutes to replace instead of 30-60. Besides, not a lot of people have a steering wheel puller.)

Old 11-03-03, 05:37 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Kurt:

Which vehicles are you talking about with the flasher inside the steering column? The only thing I can think of like that is if it were integrated into the turn signal switch electronically. I haven't come across that yet.

Ya, a regular 552 Wagner flasher works for me . Most of the older cars had them in easy spots to get to and it took two minutes to change .

Old 11-03-03, 06:46 AM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
Haven't seen one inside the column yet. Nothing surprises me however. The S-10 is not hard to get to it is just time consuming. I dont like standing on my head.
Look at it this way, DIY 3 bucks, dealer about 60 bucks. Times have changed example- dealer installed wiper blades about 35 bucks, external fuel filters about 35 bucks. But they are in a profit making bus. Have to be. Nothing is simple for the DIY'r anymore.
Factory manuals are a must to even think about doing your own repairs.

Old 11-03-03, 02:48 PM
KurtDixon
Visiting Guest
I have seen a couple manuals at cybrrpartspro.com but I forget which cars they were.

Old 11-03-03, 05:01 PM
KurtDixon
Visiting Guest
Oh never mind I just got confused. On the manuals they talked about the "turn signal switch" and that is in the combination switch (with the turn signal, wipers, high beams etc) on the "thing" sticking out of the left side of the column. You need to pull the steering wheel for that, I just got confused by "turn signal switch" I thought they meant "turn signal flasher"