Overhead Console

Old 11-03-03, 01:04 PM
rayd51
Visiting Guest
Overhead Console

93 Plymouth Voyager. The overhead Compass/Mini-Trip Computer just stopped working. No light, nothing at all. Could there be a fuse located somewhere that I need to replace? I didn't find any indication of such in the fuse compartment on the dash.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-03, 02:17 PM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
Check the owners manual fuse display, it may be wired or fused with something else. Worse scenario is the circuit board may have just expired on you. LED's just do that sometime. Is it working and no light, or nothing at all?

Old 11-03-03, 07:45 PM
mike from nj
Visiting Guest
if no fuses are found, try unplugging and replugging it. see if it helps. if not, remove the knee blocker(the panel right in front of your knees) there should be another module there held in by two screws, try unplugging that one too(key off, of course) and replug it.

let us know if this does anything

Old 11-05-03, 08:46 AM
rayd51
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

1. Checked the owners manual and nothing listed for the console unit.
2. Switches for the Map Lights and rear window work OK, just the compass/Mini-Trip Computer doesn't light up.
3. Removed the knee blocker panel and unplugged the two large plugs, repluged, same as before, nothing.

Is there anything else I can do?

Old 11-05-03, 10:46 PM
mike from nj
Visiting Guest
the overhead display should have it's own power supply, independant from the rear vent switches and overhead lights, they're all on different circuits.

try unplugging the mini-trip module itself, the replug may or may not bring it back. while it's unplugged, check the connector for power and ground, if they're good, then it can only be one thing.

Old 11-06-03, 07:15 AM
rayd51
Visiting Guest
Good suggestion. But can you direct me to where the mini-trip plug might be located?

Old 11-06-03, 10:17 PM
mike from nj
Visiting Guest
right behind it

Old 11-07-03, 02:45 PM
rayd51
Visiting Guest
Question

Right behind what?? The overhead console does not have any exposed or accessable wireing or screws. Possibly the wireing runs from the overhead unit down the door frame and then connects under the dash somewhere. That is probably the place I need to check but where is it?

Old 11-07-03, 10:26 PM
mike from nj
Visiting Guest
i'm sure the wiring does run down along the side of the windshield, i would have to see the setup in your van, i'd probably be able to show you how to get it out, your van is three generations ago and 15+ different models for me, so i've forgotten the exact way to get it out.

the overhead console is plastic, the headliner is fabric, something is holding it on there.

maybe clips, maybe screws behind a panel, maybe you need to look in a book somewhere before you break something.

anyone else care to comment?