fAN AND BLOWER MOTOR

Old 11-03-03, 05:57 PM
darr
Visiting Guest
Unhappy fAN AND BLOWER MOTOR

Okay i replaced the fan motor and the blower motor,plus replaced the coolant sensor and they still dont work.The next step is to replace the relays,i dont mind putting in the parts at least they will last awhile once it works again. If this dosent solve the problem what would be the nxt items to check and replace?
(I did the juper wire and fan still didnt work)

Thanks again for your time.
Darr

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-03, 06:33 PM
Keep it in one thread at a time.

Old 11-04-03, 09:55 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Arrow

No idea which vehicle we are talking about. Use the reply button against the original post so continuity is maintained.

Old 11-04-03, 04:00 PM
darr
Visiting Guest
Unhappy cooling fan and blower for/ac/heat

Its the 1987 cavalier 4cyl,4door, that i jumped wires to the fan , still didnt work, the guys at parts store suggested new fan motor and blower motor.Then i, also replaced coolant sensor,replaced the fuses iside of fuse box.I realize its not the greatest car, but it transportation.Im disabled cant afford anything better.The fan and blower still dont work.The parts i can afford, another car i cant.So its getting cold here and they ccoling fan and blower still on the fritzs.
any suggestions ? Darr

Old 11-04-03, 04:46 PM
you might check the fusible links at the starter by giving them a tug if they stretch or pull apart should be replaced.

Old 11-05-03, 09:41 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Stop changing parts and TEST things before you spend money! Get a hold of a good repair manual from the library and delve into the wiring of the system and the diagnostic charts they have to help pinpoint the problem at hand.

Old 11-06-03, 10:17 PM
darr
Visiting Guest
Unhappy cooling fan/heater/blower fan

In my 1987 4cyl,4door cavalier i check all the wires,to the above there okay no shorts,opens,no burnt wires, all the connections are good.I found the fusable link to the fan fuse,its okay.And i replace the relays, motors,etc as mentioned before,plus the cooling sensor, checked battery, wires to the starter there okay
And nothing works yet. So whats could i possibly have overlooked
or what can i do next???
Thanks again for your time.
Darr

Old 11-07-03, 07:23 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
How about the blower motor resistor? Has that been checked? That is a common failure item on many cars and seems to have been overlooked here.

Old 11-14-03, 06:57 PM
darr
Visiting Guest
blower/heat/ac/fans

I'm still working on this 1987 cavalier,replaced blower resistor,still no go on the blower motor.I bought the light screwdriver that lights up when you poke the hot wires.Heres what i found I've got power to the cooling fan all the way into the relay, then the wire down to the cooling fan no power.???
I also have the same results with the blower motor.Power going into relay ,but nothing going into blower motor.?? I have replaced relays to both of these aslo ?Whats up with this . I about ready to buy a fifth of wild turkey then work on this, LOL.
any futher suggestions ?
Darr

Old 11-14-03, 07:53 PM
suggest looking for a wiring diagram for your heater circuit and for cooling fan circuit and use your testlight to trouble shoot the circuits.
suspect possible blower switch or even control head problem start by checking for power at the switch.
for cooling fan problem first check for power at your cooling fan relay with relay unplugged and key off you should have one power wire that is hot all the time, your will have one wire that goes to the fan and will have 2 other wires that energizes the relay to turn the fan on.
it would be really helpful to find a wiring diagram to test those other 2 wires generally one will be key on power and the other grounded by a cooling fan temp switch or by the ecm.