Heater blower motor

Old 11-04-03, 03:17 PM
Corky Bennett
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb Heater blower motor

How hard is it to change out a blower motor on a 1994 Dodge Shadow? It doesn't work at all. I was told you have to tear out the whole dash. Please tell me it ain't so.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-03, 07:20 PM
SimK68
Visiting Guest
Re: Heater blower motor

Originally posted by Corky Bennett
How hard is it to change out a blower motor on a 1994 Dodge Shadow? It doesn't work at all. I was told you have to tear out the whole dash. Please tell me it ain't so.
Well on my car, a olds delta 88'. I had to replace mine, its right under the hood right next to the firewall. Very simple, just a few little screws. But Maybe on a Dodge, it MIGHT be in the same place. Its a round imprint dome like structure with wires connected to it. If you cant locate it, Chilton manuals are exelent for locating where they are. You can get one at a O'Riley Auto Parts, or Autozone.

Old 11-04-03, 09:09 PM
mike from nj
Visiting Guest
i can tell you it's not under the hood, first.

second, i wouldn't replace anything until i knew it was bad. i replace 10 resistors AND connectors to 1 bad motor.

i don't have any reference material in front of me, so i'm going off memory. the resistor is inside the cowl, you will need to remove the washer bottle to get access to it, try jiggling the connector and seeing if the motor springs to life, also look closely at it as it is not uncommon to find a melted connector. if it wasn't raining, i'd go look at mine and see if the motor drops out from the bottom. just look at the bottom of the heater box on the passenger side and hopefully the motor is down there, if it is, 3 or 4 screws and it will fall out.

the motor needs power and ground to work, it should have a constant 12volt supply with the key on, and the ground to the motor is supplied through each different resistor by each switch selection(that's how it has different speeds) if you're handy, you can fab up a new connector or even resolder the resister, but all i would do is make a quick trip to the salvage yard and take both and replace them(if that is the problem). if the motor has good power and ground, try banging it a few times and see if you get a response.

i wish i had an answer as to how hard it is to get out, just pray that it's on the bottom and not hidden.

let us know what you find

Old 11-05-03, 09:51 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Autolibrary states it is near the bottle....

Check autolibrary.org below for all R&R instructions. It is likely the resistor over the motor.