Dead Keyless remote

Old 11-06-03, 08:38 PM
figgy
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Dead Keyless remote

I have a 1998 Pontiac Sunfire. Recently the battery died and after it was replaced the keyless remote would not work anymore. I don't know if the two events are related or not. Anyway, I tried using both keyless remotes, neither work, so I changed batteries in both....still doesn't work. Switched out a comparable fuse in the fuse box...still no keyless entry. What do ya think??? Thanks in advance for your help!
Figgy

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-03, 10:02 PM
mike from nj
Visiting Guest
sounds like something lost memory and something needs to be relearned.

i would look through that 'book' in the glove box and see what info it has to offer, short of that, i don't know.

Old 11-07-03, 07:10 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Sure. Sounds like the remotes and the computer that controls them aren't talking.

Should be able to find the reset procedure in the owner's manual as Mike stated. If not, there is a procedure to synch them up.

Old 11-07-03, 12:56 PM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
This requires 100% step by step setting up. Miss 1 step and it dont work. Best bet is as posted. Owners manual. What no manual?? Dealer would probably print you out the instructions. If they would have installed the battery, you probably would be good to go now. If it was a leaky delco bat. they might even have cut you a little slack.

Old 11-07-03, 03:44 PM
Stand near your car and press lock and unlock at the same time and hold for at least 7 seconds this will resynchronize the transmitter to the car.You will need to do both,if this doesn't help let me know and I'll tell you how to program them.