2000 Tahoe

Old 11-09-03, 10:39 AM
joshthemule
Visiting Guest
2000 Tahoe

My tahoe shakes really bad at high speeds. I've have the rotaion, balance, and allignment done but that only helped a little. Its in the stearing wheel and the brakes. Once it starts it only gets worse as I decel to a stop. I'm clueless.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-03, 12:38 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
If when you brake, you get vibration in the wheel, I'd be looking at warped rotors.

Probably best to have them replaced if cutting them with the PROPER equipment doesn't help matters.

Old 11-09-03, 05:27 PM
joshthemule
Visiting Guest
Let me say a little more about the problem. It is not consistant in that it doesn't happen all the time. It seem to happen only when I drive at a constatn highway speed for more than a minute or so. It begins very suddle and builds in amplitude then becomes very severe as I brake to a stop. Can I just take off my brake rotors and take them in to have them checked?

Thanks for the Reply.

Old 11-09-03, 07:37 PM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
Sure you can. Rotor problem is not uncommon on some of those tahoes. Sometime turning these, will not help the problem for long. How many miles on this veh? Did you have the steering hardware checked, linkages, bearings, etc. when they aligned wheels? Do you have over spec tires? Be sure the caliper slides are lubed and releasing.

Old 11-10-03, 06:12 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Check alldata.com. I believe there were some bulletins on a similiar problem.

If you find any related, talk to a GM dealer to see what the fix is/was.