1995 Monte Carlo

Old 11-10-03, 05:52 PM
nascar558
Visiting Guest
Question 1995 Monte Carlo

While driving the car it sometimes feels like the is searching for a gear. I have driven the car in overdrive and in drive with the same results at different RPMs and speed. I have also experienced some stumbling in acceleration at low RPM. I have replace the gas filter, spark plugs and spark plug wires. I have also treated the gas system. The engine seems to be running fine. The car has 126,000 miles on it and since I have owned it I have maintained it well. Any thoughts or suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-03, 06:54 PM
mike from nj
Visiting Guest
the first thing is to see what the computer has to tell you, it speaks through codes, try extracting them and see what system you should be looking at.

Old 11-11-03, 06:47 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
If you head to an Autozone, they should be able to pull your codes. Post back here what they find. Get the code #s and descriptions.

Last edited by twelvepole; 01-05-04 at 04:18 AM.
Old 11-15-03, 03:19 PM
nascar558
Visiting Guest
Went to AutoZone and they could not perform a diagnostic check. Made appt with Chevy dealer. They seem to think its something with the transmission.

Old 11-15-03, 03:47 PM
I think Autozone can only read 1996 and up due to obd2 tester.Is your check engine lamp on?

Old 11-17-03, 03:40 PM
nascar558
Visiting Guest
My engine lamp is not on. Any thoughts?