wiper motor replacement

Old 11-15-03, 06:27 AM
caltof
Visiting Guest
wiper motor replacement

i am replacing a wiper motor on a 1995 ford windstar van. i can't find instructions on how to set the park position of the new motor. when i installed a new motor the park position was in the middle of the windshield and wiped half of the hood. i tried to reposition the wiper arm installation to correct this, didn't work. so i took the new motor back and got another new one. this time i need help understanding steps to install that will not damage new motor and set park properly. thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-03, 06:42 AM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
If you install the motor, run it a few times without the blades, turn it off, it should be in park. Barring any other wiper circuit problems. Then install the blades in the rest position.

Old 11-15-03, 06:58 AM
caltof
Visiting Guest
thanks darrell, tried that and the wiper motor starts and moves down to hood, then completes the cycle ( up half way of the windshield) and parks in the middle. i don't understand why it moves down before up when starting from the park position.

Old 11-15-03, 07:18 AM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
did you get the linkages back like they were?

Old 11-15-03, 11:16 AM
caltof
Visiting Guest
wiper motor

problem solved. wrong motor from supplier.

Old 11-15-03, 12:53 PM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
glad it was an easy fix. Ya do get the wrong parts sometimes for various reasons.