Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Pontiac 3800 Supercharger

Visiting Guest

11-16-03, 11:49 AM   #1  
GPMan
Pontiac 3800 Supercharger

I recently purchased a 1998 Grand Prix GTP (Daytona Pace Car) for my daughter.

My question: does anyone know how or where the drain plug is to change Supercharger oil?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

11-16-03, 01:29 PM   #2  
mike from nj
the owners manual will tell you if it even needs to be changed ever, or if it runs on engine oil.

if you can find a "web ring" or a dedicated bulletin board for this type car/engine, you will find tons upon tons of good information that will be beneficial, as well as vendors with excellant prices on parts for this thing. this is an example of both--http://www.gnttype.org--a dedicated board AND a web ring of other enthusiasts at the bottom.

Visiting Guest

11-16-03, 01:40 PM   #3  
GPMan
Mike...good site but, supercharger is different than turbocharger. Turbocharger is exhaust driven, supercharger is belt driven.

Owners manual says change supercharger oil every 70,000 miles also has own oil chamber.

11-16-03, 03:20 PM   #4  
I did a quick google search and this is what Mike was telling you to look for:

http://gtpworld.hypermart.net/

Looks like it might be a source for good info, although I did not look around it, have fun.

Visiting Guest

11-16-03, 05:07 PM   #5  
GPMan
Cman...you hit the nail on the head!!

Great site, my question is answered. For anyone else needing to know, the oil has to be sucked out.

Thanks

Visiting Guest

11-16-03, 08:14 PM   #6  
mike from nj
thank you 'colorado mountain man' i guess i should have taken that one step further for him.

thank you gpman, i'll remember that now (turbo vs. supercharger)
like i said, that site was an 'example' of what you should be looking for, which you now have found!

Search this Thread