Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Need help with these pesky windshield stickers!!

Visiting Guest

11-18-03, 12:44 PM   #1  
Spursfan
Need help with these pesky windshield stickers!!

My friend just got a used car that is in very good condition. The car looks great save for these immature butterfly and sunny face stickers on the windshield and rear shield(young female adult driver). There are also a couple stickers on the bumper. We are trying to get them off without scratching the glass or the beautiful finish. There's also the original dealership credentials emblazoned at the back(you know how they do it!!). I want someone to suggest to me how I can get this cacophony of silly stickers off the car easily. Someone help!!!!

Sponsored Links

TX

11-18-03, 12:51 PM   #2  
try heating the bumper stickers with a blow dryer. they should peal right off. it may work on the window stickers as well depending on the type. if not, scrape them off with a razor blade. thats what the inspection stations do.

Visiting Guest

11-18-03, 01:34 PM   #3  
darrell McCoy
if you should have a rear window defroster or radio ant. Dont damage the wires.

11-18-03, 01:46 PM   #4  
ca·coph·o·ny ( P ) Pronunciation Key (k-kf-n)
n. pl. ca·coph·o·nies

Jarring, discordant sound; dissonance: heard a cacophony of horns during the traffic jam.
The use of harsh or discordant sounds in literary composition, as for poetic effect.

Now I understand what you mean. I think the auto supply stores carry an aerosol product called bumper sticker remover.

11-18-03, 02:27 PM   #5  
WD 40 helps remove them also.Will soften the adhesive.

Visiting Guest

11-18-03, 04:48 PM   #6  
Spursfan
Thanks people!

Hey Davo
What exactly is WD 40? I am not sure what that is so please explain or clarify?

AL

11-19-03, 04:32 AM   #7  
Spursfan - WD 40 is said to mean Water Displacement, 40th attempt.

Known as "the can with a thousand uses," WD-40 protects metal from rust and corrosion, penetrates stuck parts, displaces moisture, and lubricates just about anything. WD-40 is also great when it comes to cleaning grease, grime, and other marks from most surfaces.

CLEANS: WD-40 gets under dirt, grime and grease to clean. It also dissolves adhesives, allowing easy removal of labels, tape, stickers, and excess bonding material.
DISPLACES MOISTURE: Because WD-40 displaces moisture, it quickly dries out electrical systems to eliminate moisture-induced short circuits.
PENETRATES: WD-40 loosens rust-to-metal bonds and frees stuck, frozen or rusted metal parts.
LUBRICATES: WD-40's lubricating ingredients are widely dispersed and hold firmly to all moving parts.
PROTECTS: WD-40 protects metal surfaces with corrosion-resistant ingredients to shield against moisture and other corrosive elements.

11-19-03, 04:33 AM   #8  
http://www.wd40.com/

Search this Thread