Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

fuel shut off switch on a 91 Hyundai

Visiting Guest

11-18-03, 02:36 PM   #1  
mesh30
fuel shut off switch on a 91 Hyundai

1991 Hyundai Scoupe, does anyone know where the fuel shut off switch is on this car. I've looked everywhere, I know the usual spots to look, but I can't find it. I know this car does have one.
Thanks

Sponsored Links

11-18-03, 05:56 PM   #2  
What makes you think this car has one? I haven't seen one with an inertia switch. They have a rollover valve.

WV

11-18-03, 08:02 PM   #3  
As YamahaWolverine said, there is no fuel shut off switch on this car. What is the problem?
Billy

Visiting Guest

11-19-03, 04:51 AM   #4  
mesh30
looked up parts on this car and it said there was one.
To begin with I had no starting problems and the car ran great.
Put the car up on jacks, started the car, changed the oil and filter.
Went to restart the car and no start does crank. Check to make sure no wires got knocked off. checked the injectors with test light. ok. Have spark, have gas in the railer. Sprayed starting fluid and car wants to start. Some one said I could have tripped the fuel shut off switch. Any suggestions would be help full. Because I am at lost

WV

11-19-03, 03:55 PM   #5  
On www.hmaservice.com I found a picture that is pointing at an Inhibitor switch. I am not convinced this is your problem, but I will tell you where it is located and maybe you can find it and check it. Standing in front of the car looking down at the engine, on the left side, and what looks to be directly in front of the radiator (in the middle of the shroud) pointing toward the engine. From another picture I am assuming this is directly related to the shift points and it is similar to a neutral safety switch and it is located somewhere in the vicinity of the linkage.
Billy

Visiting Guest

11-19-03, 04:59 PM   #6  
mesh30
i am not convinced this is my problem either, but at this point it can hurt to try. Thanks for that info. What kind of idea would you have? I'm willing to take any suggestions.

Visiting Guest

11-19-03, 11:15 PM   #7  
mike from nj
as always: what engine are we talking about?

is there any gas in the tank? if it's real low, and you jacked the front end real high, you might have uncovered the pump pick-up and you have no 'real' fuel pressure.

what kind of test light did you use in the injectors

Visiting Guest

11-20-03, 02:46 PM   #8  
mesh30
HI mike from nj, I'm from nj too.
Yeah I was low on fuel, you might have stumbled on something here. What do you mean I may have uncovered the pump pick- up? How do you cover it?

J1.5L4cyl sohc

Visiting Guest

11-21-03, 12:16 AM   #9  
mike from nj
the fuel pump is in the tank, if the level of gas is so low, that jacking up the front sloshes the gas away from the bottom of the pump, then it can't pump any gas to the engine.

i think you can figure how to 'cover' the pump pickup with fuel.

let the car down, or add gas.

Visiting Guest

11-21-03, 04:08 AM   #10  
mesh30
Boy, do I feel stupid. I did lower the car and put more gas in the car long before I started asking for help. So that isn't my problem.
Any more suggestions?????

Search this Thread