Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

cooling system

Visiting Guest

11-22-03, 02:05 AM   #1  
diana225
cooling system

I am totally baffled. I am a single woman with no money. I have the problem with the cooling system and I can't afford to drop my 89 Plymouth voyager off at some shop. I replaced the thermostat and it was bled I even replaced the radiator cap. And still have the coolant boiling into the reservoir. It doesn't go back into the radiator. I have to add more which boils out again. I have had shade tree mechanics check it for me and try to repair it with no luck there is no discoloration in the oil but I am beginning to think there is a head gasket gone. Can anyone think of anything else ? I am living on a small income and I am almost 60 I need advice. Please HELP !!

Sponsored Links

11-22-03, 05:31 AM   #2  
Does the radiator fan work?Is the front of the radiator clear of debris?How long does it take for it to begin to boil out?

11-22-03, 06:35 AM   #3  
How long since the radiator cap was checked and or replaced?
It could be as simple as a bad cap.

Visiting Guest

11-22-03, 07:11 AM   #4  
darrell McCoy
think it is time to have the system pressure checked.

Visiting Guest

11-22-03, 11:32 PM   #5  
mike from nj
it would sure help US to know what engine you have.

if you let it boil over too many times, then you will really have no money, as you will crack some expensive engine parts, where as right now it might only be a bad gasket.

does the radiator fan come on before the coolant boils out?

Search this Thread